Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stuff I Like: Health and Beauty Products

In an attempt put more postive energy into my blog (although I must say, writing about things that annoy me is incredibly cathartic), I have decided to share some things that I actually like. First up: health and beauty products.

Olay Total Effects Touch of Sun is not the snappiest product name ever, but as a daily moisturizer, it can't be beat. I have very sensitive skin, and Olay moisturizers are the only ones have never caused breakouts for me. It's not greasy, and works perfectly under make-up. This product in no way makes me appear actually tan, despite the fact it contains self-tanner. It does, however, give me a nice, subtle, natual glow, or as I like to say, "it takes the glare off." Highly recommended, particularly for my fellow pale girls (and guys, for that matter). This retails for approximately $20, but I recently found a great deal on amazon.com, and scored three bottles for $4.99 each from a wholesaler. One bottle goes a long way, so I should be set for the next year, at least.


Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar is great for every type of skin and was recommended to me by my dermatologist about three years ago. As previously mentioned, my skin is sensitive, and this is the best product I've ever used to wash my face. As advertised, it's very gentle, but still makes your face feel nice and squeaky clean after you use it (it has a great fresh smell, too). I don't have to use any additional eye make-up remover; the Cetaphil takes care of that, too. Perhaps best of all, it can be had for under $5. I keep a bar in a travel soap container in the medicine cabinet above my bathroom sink, as well as one in the shower, and I NEVER travel without it. If you have any kind of skin issues, it works wonderfully as a body cleanser as well (although my product of choice in that category is Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented).


Has anyone ever told you that you have nice eyelashes? Yeah, me either, until I started wearing CoverGirl's Exact Eyelights Mascara. I use the Black Sapphire for blue eyes, which earned me a compliment from a sales associate at Macy's in New York earlier this year. It has a touch of metallic sparkle to it that really does make your eyes pop. While it wears well all day, it isn't extremely difficult to remove with soap and water. It doesn't clump, even after two coats, and although in my opinion, it isn't the best mascara for lengthening and thickening, the eye brightening factor more than makes up for that.


There is a seemingly infinite number of tooth whitening products on the market right now, but for my money, nothing is faster or easier than Listerine Whitening Vibrant White pre-brush rinse. Results were apparent for me after just one use, and after a week of using it twice a day, I felt like the cartoon character whose teeth sparkle with the "ting ting" noise when I smiled.





OK, I'll go back to being snarky next time. In the meantime, please share your thoughts on these products or others in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment