Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'd like to thank the Academy...

OK, I've been extremely lax in my blogging the past week. Shame on me. But I do have a real, full-time job, not to mention a four-year-old boy taking up my time. To get back on the horse, I thought I'd make some eleventh-hour Oscar predictions.

The Academy Awards are sort of like my Super Bowl (except for when the Steelers are in the Super Bowl...then, um, that's my Super Bowl). Until a few years ago, they used to broadcast the the Oscars during the week of my birthday, which was a cool birthday treat for a movie fan.

So, here are my predictions for tonight's winners in most of the major categories:

Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire
Best Actor: Mickey Rourke
Best Actress: Kate Winslet
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger
Best Supporting Actress: Marisa Tomei
Director: Danny Boyle
Best Original Screenplay: Milk
Best Adapted Screenplay: Slumdog Millionaire

I'll be back later for commentary on the show. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment