Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Biblical Plague of Frogs, Muppet-Style...High Fashion?

I'm not even sure where to start with this photo from Jean-Charles de Castelbajac's fashion show in Paris last night. But I'll give it a shot.

First, I think I find the disembodied Kermit head hair band to be far more disturbing than this "coat." Second, I feel a sense that things have come full circle, because Jim Henson made the first Kermit the Frog from his mother's coat, and now we have a coat made of Kermits.

Yeah, that's all I have.

2 comments:

  1. The French do have a strange penchant for frogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like it should be all part of a biblical-plague themed show.

    One of locusts. One all red and bloody. One of boils -- a skin-tight body suit with icky splotches, maybe? White and icy -- ooh! glitter! -- for hail.

    ReplyDelete